Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
|Power Usage (kW·h)
|Carbon Emissions (kgCO2e)
|water consumption (metric tons)
|waste weight (metric tons)
The data for FIS includes electricity consumption, carbon emissions, water consumption, and waste weight:
The company has no direct emissions of greenhouse gases from physical sources. The main contributors to greenhouse gas emissions are the indirect carbon dioxide emissions generated from electricity consumption in the company’s offices and data centers.
※The main contributing factors for the increase in 2022 include heightened electricity consumption in the company’s offices and data centers：
- During the severe period of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021, there was a shift to remote work. In 2022, as the pandemic situation improved, the gradual lifting of remote work measures led to higher electricity consumption.
- The primary external electricity consumption for air conditioning in our company has increased by 6.9% in 2022 compared to 2021, primarily due to the rising average temperatures in Taiwan each year.
- In 2022, the electricity consumption amounted to 673,376 kWh, representing an increase of 43,441 kWh compared to the previous year, 2021.
- In 2022, the carbon emissions amounted to 342,748 kgCO2e, reflecting an increase of 26,521 kgCO2e compared to 2021. The calculation of carbon emissions is based on the power emission coefficient published by the Bureau of Energy, which estimates approximately 0.509 kg of CO2 emitted per kilowatt-hour.
- In 2022, the water consumption was 766 metric tons, showing a reduction of 840 metric tons compared to 2021.
- In 2022, the waste weight amounted to 17.16 metric tons, indicating an increase of 0.24 metric tons compared to the previous year, 2021.
Regulations on Business Integrity
Integrity in Business Operations Implementation at FIS and its Subsidiaries:
- The company designates the management office as the dedicated unit for promoting integrity in business operations. It is responsible for assisting the board of directors and management in formulating and overseeing the implementation of integrity in business policies and codes of conduct. The management office ensures the enforcement of ethical guidelines within the company and its subsidiaries and provides regular reports on the execution status to the board of directors.
- The company has actively implemented its integrity in business operations policy. The execution status for the year 2022 is as follows:
- Educational Training
|Number of Participants
|Integrity in Business Operations and Prevention of Insider Trading Advocacy
|New Employee Training - Legal Affairs
|Considerations in Procurement Law
|Personal Information Protection Act" (PIPA)
|Insider Trading Prevention Training
|Integrity in Business Operations Code of Conduct Advocacy
|Sexual Harassment Prevention Advocacy
|Preventing Intellectual Property Infringement
To prevent employees from engaging in dishonest or unethical behavior and considering factors such as fraud risks, audits are conducted independently through the internal control system. This ensures the overall functioning of the mechanism, managing and preventing the occurrence of dishonest behaviors.
Whistleblowing System and Protection of WhistleblowersIn 2022, we accepted 0 external reporting cases and 0 employee reporting cases, a total of 0 cases, and none involved major violations of honest management
* The company has established specific whistleblowing mechanisms in accordance with the “Corporate Governance Practices Guidelines,” “Integrity Management Code,” and “Integrity Operation Procedures and Behavioral Guidelines.” These mechanisms are implemented diligently in accordance with the company’s disciplinary management regulations and employee complaint procedures. The proactive measures are aimed at preventing acts of dishonesty.
三、It is reported that on December 29, 2022, the operational and implementation status of the whistleblowing and whistleblower protection mechanisms was presented to the board of directors.
- In 2018, we conducted the FIS Compassionate Donation Drive, mobilizing efforts to collect approximately 600 second-hand books, Loving Invoices, and monetary contributions. The donations were dedicated to the Sunshine Foundation to provide assistance for individuals coping with facial disfigurement and burns, supporting their daily lives, as well as physical and mental rehabilitation.
- In 2019, FIS continued its compassionate donation efforts by organizing campaigns to collect Loving Invoices and monetary contributions, directing the donations to the Sunshine Foundation to provide assistance for individuals facing facial disfigurement and burns, supporting their daily lives, as well as physical and mental rehabilitation.
- In 2020, FIS actively participated in a mountain cleanup initiative, joining the community in clearing litter from the mountains, and organized a charitable one-day trip to the Maritime Science Museum.
- In 2021, FIS actively participated in a charitable blood donation drive, collectively contributing to the National Blood Bank and making a meaningful contribution to the community.
- In 2022, FIS participated in a charitable blood donation drive, coming together to roll up sleeves and contribute blood, sharing the gift of compassion.
- In 2022, FIS Kaohsiung branch participated in the “Donate Used Computers to Rural Areas” initiative, joining forces with alumni from the Department of Information Management at National Sun Yat-sen University to collectively spread warmth through the donation of recycled computers to underserved communities.
- In the latter half of 2022, FIS participated in a charitable blood donation drive, contributing to the well-being of the community.
- In 2022, our small group embarked on a team-building trip coupled with a beach cleanup initiative.
- In 2022, FIS collected a total of seventeen boxes of supplies, which have been shipped to the Bethlehem Warehouse of Old Shoes Save Lives International Christian Care Association on December 1st.
- In the year 2023, FIS actively participated in a charitable blood donation drive, uniting to roll up sleeves and contribute blood, sharing the gift of compassion.
- In the year 2023, FIS Kaohsiung branch participated for the second time in the “Donate Used Computers to Rural Areas” initiative, collaborating with alumni from the Department of Information Management at National Sun Yat-sen University to collectively
spread warmth through the donation of recycled computers to underserved communities.